In this episode, Preston and Stig discusses the best-selling biography, by Roger Lowenstein. The episode is packed with funny anecdotes from Warren Buffett’s early career as a paper boy to his most successful investments and achievements. If you want to read our five page executive summary of, this book, Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist, view this page instead. If you would like to download all of our book summaries, click here.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How Warren Buffett already read financial statements when he was kid
- Why Warren Buffett was sitting behind the counter at the local steakhouse collecting receipts, and how that lead to one of his best investments
- How a gentleman that counted sheets of toilet paper convinced Warren Buffett to work with him
- Why Warren Buffett never replaces management in the companies he acquirers
- How Warren Buffett picked the CEO of Salomon Brothers in a simple, yet very orthodox way
- Ask the Investors: How do you generate ideas for new stock investments?
HELP US OUT!
What do you love about our podcast? Here’s our guide on how you can leave a rating and review for the show. We always enjoy reading your comments and feedback!