On the show today, we chat with Piero Scaruffi, a freelance software consultant who has been a visiting scholar at both Harvard and Stanford, conducting research on Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science. He has lectured on “The Nature of Mind” and “History of Knowledge”, and published several books including Thinking About Thought (2003) and The Nature of Consciousness (2006). His book History of Silicon Valley was named the 7th most influential book in China in 2012. He has a passion for music and the arts, and founded the Leonardo Art Science Evenings (LASERS) at the University of San Francisco and Stanford University in 2008 which now has chapters around the world.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How one defines or explains Artificial Intelligence
- Who will lead the AI race in the coming 5 – 10 years
- How far along the technology for autonomous vehicles is, and when should we expect to have fully autonomous vehicles
- Advice for cities/countries who try to mimic the Silicon Valley ecosystem
- What is the next big technology from Silicon Valley
Tweet your comments about this episode directly Shawn Flynn and the rest of The Investor’s Podcast Community using the hashtag #TIPSiliconValley.
Help us out!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!