Today’s show is co-hosted by Stig Brodersen, from the popular podcast, We Study Billionaires. Stig and I talk with Brian Portnoy, the director of Education at Magnetar Capital, a $13 Billion hedge fund and the author of The Geometry of Wealth: How to Shape a Life of Money and Meaning. Brian explores the role of money in a happy life.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- The role of meaning in a happy life
- The difference between experienced happiness and reflective happiness
- What changes when you reach, roughly, $75,000 in annual income
- How to avoid the hedonic treadmill
- How to underwrite a meaningful life
- What is funded contentment, and how can we apply it to our lives
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!