In this episode, Preston and Stig talk to Patrick O’Shaughnessy about what he does best: “Demystifying stocks with hard core facts!” Patrick O’Shaughnessy is a lead authority in the new generation of quant value investors, and he runs the amazing blog, The Investor’s Field Guide. Co-hosting this week’s show is bestselling author Toby Carlisle, who blogs at Greenbackd.com
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why you shouldn’t be worried about companies that uses leverage to buy back shares
- If excess stock returns found through back testing can be expected to continue in the future
- Why a back testing strategy is more profitable when combined with a basic strategy
- Why the optimal stock portfolio might be a combination of momentum and value stocks
- Why buying Amazon stocks is the same as buying lottery tickets
- Ask the Investors: How should I position my portfolio if the FED hikes rates?
HELP US OUT!
What do you love about our podcast? Here’s our guide on how you can leave a rating and review for the show. We always enjoy reading your comments and feedback!