Every quarter the Mastermind Group from The Investor’s Podcast gets together to discusses their latest investment ideas. In this episode, each member of the group recommends a stock pick that might outperform the S&P 500. After each stock pick, the remaining members of the group pick-apart the idea. During this week’s discussion, Tobias Carlisle and Calin Yablonski couldn’t attend the meeting, but the brilliant John Huber from Saber Capital Management joined the group. Since the discussion went longer than normal, the episode was split into two parts.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What kind of return could one expect from investing in Target
- Why Amazon could cause as much damage to the retail industry in next 5 years as it did in the previous 20 years
- Why investors should value offline and online retail traffic differently
- If REITs are a good placeholder for cash
- Why growth is not always good for a real estate company
Get The Investor’s Podcast blog posts, and podcast episode updates on your Facebook feed by liking We Study Billionaires.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
The Investor Podcast’s part 1 mastermind meeting for Q3 2017
Sergio Marchionne’s paper, Confessions of a Capital Junkie
Hari’s investing blog, Bits Business
John Huber’s blog, Base Hit Investing
John’s blog post on Ten Cent Holdings
Ally Invest, our recommended broker for great rates, 24/7 customer support, and powerful investing platform.