On today’s show, I talk with Jacob Taylor, the CEO of Farnman Street Investments and the author of the novel, The Rebel Allocator. The book follows a young man who is mentored by a legendary business leader and a master of capital allocation. Charlie Munger liked the novel so much he called up the author to discuss it and encouraged him to make it into a movie. So what was Munger so excited about? The book is full of wisdom related to business, investing and living a good life. Jacob Taylor joins me to talk about his conversation with Munger and the life lessons that run through his novel, The Rebel Allocator.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to bounce back from life’s set-backs
- The importance of self-reliance and having an inner-scorecard
- The importance of capital allocation in business and life
- How to get better at capital allocation
- The importance of finding the right partner in marriage and life
- The downside of focusing one’s life entirely on business and investing
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!