On today’s show, Preston and Stig talk to Ian Formigle about investing in commercial real estate. Ian is a real estate professional and serial entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience in real estate private equity, equity options trading and start-ups. Ian is Vice President of Investments at CrowdStreet, overseeing its marketplace, an online commercial real estate investment platform that has completed nearly 300 offerings totaling over $10 billion of commercial real estate. Ian is the author of “The Comprehensive Guide to Commercial Real Estate Investing” and he is a contributing author at Forbes.com.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to turn commercial real estate into passive income
- Why all stock investors should consider including commercial real estate in their portfolio
- What are the major risk factors of investing in commercial real estate?
- What are the value drivers behind commercial real estate, and how is it different than single-family residence?
- How commercial real estate investors take advantage of imperfect information?
Get The Investor’s Podcast blog posts and podcast episode updates on your Facebook feed by liking We Study Billionaires.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
Contact Ian Formigle’s directly on LinkedIn
Ian Formigle’ company, CrowdStreet
Ian Formigle’s article on Forbes about value drivers of Commercial Real Estate
CrowdStreet’s free Educational Material
Preston and Stig’s previous interview with Ian Formigle about Commercial Real Estate
Preston and Stig’s previous interview with Ian Formigle about Opportunity Zones
Download your free audio book at Audible.
Find the best job candidate at Ziprecruiter.
Discover CMC Markets, the ultimate platform for online trading on mobile and desktop.
Compare and buy life insurance the easy way with Policygenius.
Be prepared for the unexpected with AirMedCare Network.
Send money abroad the smart way with Transferwise.
Move your business to the cloud with Netsuite.