In this episode, Preston and Stig talk to Macro Economist, Richard Duncan about various world affairs. Additionally, Mr. Duncan provides an interesting story about his recent conversation with Alan Greenspan. During the exchange, Mr. Duncan confronted the former FED chairman about China and Japan’s decision to fix their currency to the US dollar and force a major trade imbalance. Needless to say, Greenspan’s response was fairly alarming.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- About Richard Duncan’s recent conversation with former FED Chairman Alan Greenspan
- How $10T was suddenly created out of thin air and the impact of the world economy
- How the Chinese trade surplus with the US impacts the global economy
- How and why China is building out new infrastructure equivalent to 10 US highway systems
- How the US should invest in infrastructure
Get The Investor’s Podcast blog posts and podcast episode updates on your Facebook feed by liking We Study Billionaires.
Books and Resources Mentioned in this Podcast
Preston and Stig’s interview with Richard Duncan about China and the history of the US dollar
Richard Duncan’s course on TIPacademy about How Macro Really Works
Richard Duncan’s Macro Economics site
Transcript from the conversation between Richard Duncan and Alan Greenspan
Richard Duncan’s book, The New Depression – Read reviews of this book
Richard Duncan’s book, The Dollar Crisis – Read reviews of this book