One of the most lucrative and highest yielding areas of investing is finding quality companies in the small-cap market. The difficulty with investing in this space is the companies often lack stability and market dominance to make some investors comfortable. On this episode, we talk to a leading expert and former hedge fund manager that has invested in the small business space over three decades. Eric Cinnamond currently runs his own blog where he provides a detailed analysis of all the conference calls and small-cap companies he follows (a couple hundred businesses).
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How margins move in the business cycle, and where we’re currently at
- What to listen for in an earnings call
- Which catalyst that can make inflation take off
- Why the recent movement in Treasury bond yields are important to your portfolio
- Which sectors are priced attractively and where not to invest
Get The Investor’s Podcast blog posts, and podcast episode updates on your Facebook feed by liking We Study Billionaires.