One of the most lucrative and highest yielding areas of investing is finding quality companies in the small-cap market. The difficulty with investing in this space is the companies often lack stability and market dominance to make some investors comfortable. On this episode, we talk to a leading expert and former hedge fund manager that has invested in the small business space over three decades. Eric Cinnamond currently runs his own blog where he provides a detailed analysis of all the conference calls and small-cap companies he follows (a couple hundred businesses).
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How margins move in the business cycle, and where we’re currently at
- What to listen for in an earnings call
- Which catalyst that can make inflation take off
- Why the recent movement in Treasury bond yields are important to your portfolio
- Which sectors are priced attractively and where not to invest
Get The Investor’s Podcast blog posts, and podcast episode updates on your Facebook feed by liking We Study Billionaires.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
Eric Cinnamond’s blog, Absolute Return Investing
Jesse Felder’s blog, The Felder Report
Download your free audio book at Audible
Get a free share of stock and free trades at Robinhood
Find the best job candidate at Ziprecruiter
Know when to buy and sell based on statistics and momentum w/ TradeStops