In this episode, Preston and Stig continue their conversation with Dr. Wesley Gray. Dr. Gray is an experienced value investor that has conducted extensive research and backtesting on various types of hybrid investing approaches. In particular, Dr. Gray has found that momentum investing has increased portfolio returns when combined with a value based strategy. If you missed the first part of the interview, you will want to go back and listen to episode 122.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why value investors have the perfect temperament to follow a momentum strategy.
- If investors can improve their momentum strategy by individual stock picking.
- Why Wesley Gray is long US stocks though he believes they are highly overvalued.
- Ask the Investors: Why and when you should consider shorting the S&P500.
- Ask the Investors: What moment did you decided to become a lifelong learner?
Books and Resources Mentioned in this Podcast
Dr. Wesley Gray’s website: Alpha Architect
Dr. Wesley Gray’s book: Quantitative Momentum – Read Reviews for this book
Dr. Wesley Gray’s book: Quantitative Value – Read Reviews for this book
Dr. Wesley Gray’s Twitter
Preston and Stig’s previous episode with Dr. Gray
Preston and Stig’s interview with billionaire Jesse Itzler
Stig’s blog post about momentum investing
VIDEOS THAT SUPPORT THIS PODCAST
Freshbooks is the official accounting system of The Investors Podcast. It only charges from $15 a month, but we’ve made a special deal exclusively for our listeners. If you use the bonus code “TIP” under the “How did you hear about us?” section, you can test if Freshbooks is for you for free for 30 days. No credit is required and you can cancel anytime.