In this episode, Preston and Stig talk to one of the most respected investors implementing the Buffett-Graham approach. Mohnish Pabrai has been running his Pabrai Funds since 2000 and since that time his fund has produced triple digit returns.
Mohnish has become quite famous in the investment world because he attributes his success to being a cloner of Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger. In an effort to achieve similar results to Berkshire Hathaway, Mohnish has dedicated his professional life to understanding the more obscure elements to their success. He has modeled his Pabrai Funds after the same company structure that Buffett used when he ran Buffett Partnership Ltd.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Mohnish accumulated business knowledge from the age of 11
- Why Mohnish is one of the very best and respected investors in the value investing community
- What special advantages people like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett had to become so successful
- How Mohnish set up and ran a business like Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger
- Why investing is not a team sport
Get The Investor’s Podcast blog posts and podcast episode updates on your Facebook feed by liking We Study Billionaires.
Books and Resources Mentioned in this Podcast
Mohnish’s new website: Chai with Pabrai
Mohnish’s Book, The Dhandho Investor – Read Reviews for this book
Mohnish’s Youtube Channel
VIDEOS THAT SUPPORT THIS PODCAST
Freshbooks is the official accounting system of The Investors Podcast. It only charges from $15 a month, but we’ve made a special deal exclusively for our listeners. If you use the bonus code “TIP” under the “How did you hear about us?” section, you can test if Freshbooks is for you for free for 30 days. No credit is required and you can cancel anytime.