On today’s episode, we are talking to one of India’s most popular professors in India in the field of finance and investing. Sanjay teaches a popular course titled Behavioral Finance and Business Valuation to MBA students at Management Development Institute which is one of the top-ranking business schools in India. Sanjay has consistently been elected as MDI’s best professor by its students for the last several years. You can learn more about him from his site, blog and twitter feed.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to factor disruption technologies into your investment thesis
- How to locate an emerging moat for a business
- Why we should evaluate our stock performance using stress adjusted returns
- How to read Warren Buffett’s letters to shareholders
- Ask The Investors: How do I choose the best stock broker?
Get The Investor’s Podcast blog posts and podcast episode updates on your Facebook feed by liking We Study Billionaires.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
Preston and Stig’s comparison of stock brokers
Sanjay Bakshi’s blog post about return per unit of stress
Warren Buffett’s letters to shareholders
Hari Ramachandra’s interview with Sanjay Bakshi
Tweet directly to Sanjay Bakshi
Solve your long list of must-reads once and for all with Blinkist
Find the best job candidate at Ziprecruiter
Watch Billions only at STAN.
Refinance your student loan with First Republic
Move your business to the cloud with Netsuite