In this episode Preston and Stig discuss billionaire Warren Buffett’s favorite investing book, The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham. The world’s most successful investor read this book when he was 19, and Warren Buffett has several times praised it as the very foundation for shaping his investment philosophy.
The book has also shaped Preston and Stig investing strategy, and the core principles are the very same that The Investors Podcast is built upon. Actually Stig is so excited about the book that he decided to create a chapter by chapter video course of The Intelligent Investor, and you can learn more about the course here.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why The Intelligent Investor is Warren Buffett’s favorite book
- Why inflation is perhaps the most overlooked macro investing metric
- When and how you should conduct active and passive investing
- Why Warren Buffett thinks that chapter 8 and 20 are the two most important chapters of The Intelligent Investor in investment literature
- How to calculate the intrinsic value of a stock and why Preston and Stig disagree with Warren Buffett
Get The Investor’s Podcast blog posts and podcast episode updates on your Facebook feed by liking We Study Billionaires.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
Stig’s Chapter by Chapter video course for: The Intelligent Investor
Preston and Stig’s summary book for: The Intelligent Investor – Read Reviews of this Book
Benjamin Graham’s original book: The Intelligent Investor – Read Review of this book
Preston and Stig’s summary book for: Security Analysis – Read Review of this book
Benjamin Graham’s original book: Security Analysis – Read Review of this book